A lifetime of good health starts with well-managed physical, mental, and emotional development from birth through age 17.
Vecino’s team of board-certified pediatricians and medical staff provide complete primary pediatric medical services, including:
- Well-child visits
- Sick visits, such as the flu, ear infections, strep throat, and COVID testing
- Management of asthma
- Healthy eating and physical activity
- School, camp, and sports physicals
- Referrals to sub-specialists when needed
- ADHD evaluation and treatment
Mental health and emotional well-being are essential to overall heath. Counselors help children and their families when life’s challenges become overwhelming.
Services are available for children, teens, parents and families to address issues that include:
- Behavior problems, such as disobedience, defiance, impulsiveness
- Depression and sudden mood changes, including anger and self-harm
- Managing anxiety and excessive fears
- Substance use and abuse, including tobacco and alcohol
- Problems relating to others at home, work or school
- Issues related to trauma, abuse and domestic violence
Treatment options include individual, group, family and couples’ therapy.
You can visit doctors and counselors from a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Call for a telemedicine or teletherapy appointment. Medicaid and most other insurance cover telehealth. If you don't have insurance, we can help!
Call 713-695-4013 for more information. We're here for you!
The quality of care and attention to patients at Airline Children’s Clinic is incredible.
Pediatricans are board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Schedule Well-Check Exams for your children at these ages:
- newborn (before five days old)*
- 2 weeks
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 2 years (24 months)
- 2-1/2 years (30 months)*
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Older children: once a year.
Nationally Ranked as a Health Center Quality Leader
As one of Vecino Health Centers, Airline Children & Women’s Health Center is recognized as Health Center Quality Leader at the gold tier for quality by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
The gold tier is limited to the top 10 percent of over 1,400 health centers nationwide.
Enrollment Assistance for Medicaid and CHIP
Vecino can help you apply for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year. Call 713-828-3149 for assistance.
“The best thing about Vecino is that they had an answer to every question or concern I had before choosing my health coverage. Since we have jobs, they were willing to accommodate and see us after work hours.”